Our Foundation courses comprise a series of three workshops.
1. Communication skills workshop
Our communication skills workshop will look at how you create personal presence, the foundation of good communication. You will learn how to deal with difficult people, creating meaningful and memorable communications along the way and creative, positive outcomes from challenging situations.
- Creating a communication focused mind set
- Building trust
- Effective questioning and listening techniques
- Creating meaningful and memorable communications
- Using rapport to take your communication to a higher level
- The importance of standards, values and integrity and how to resolve ethical dilemmas
2. Client acquisition skills workshop
This workshop explores concepts of client acquisition, so that by the end of the session you will have designed a comprehensive client acquisition strategy. Much more than just marketing, this session helps you to create your own culture of client acquisition.
- Understanding and communicating your personal value proposition
- Mapping your stakeholders and targeting the right clients
- Creating a message that your target will find compelling
- Contacting your target clients
- Working with other professionals
- Creating your client acquisition strategy
3. Client meeting workshop
The final workshop brings all that you have learned from the previous sessions to a conclusion and places it in the structured environment of a client discovery meeting. Here you will learn how to blend the techniques covered to create instant rapport, build mutual trust and agree collaborative actions with your clients so that you can create lasting relationships.
- The anatomy of a first meeting
- Creating rapport, establishing the agenda, introducing your value proposition
- Behavioural Science: Understanding the dangers of behavioural bias
- Questioning techniques that will establishing the client’s real objectives
- Creating solutions collaboratively
- Understanding the client’s fears and recognising when they are real
- Gaining commitment and establishing the next steps
Dates & venues
All workshops begin at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and finish around 4.00pm. Lunch is provided.
Newcastle Cohort 1: Brewin Dolphin, Time Central, Gallowgate, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 4SR
Dates: 19th April; 25th May; 18th June
Edinburgh Cohort 1: Nucleus, Greenside, 12 Blenheim Place, Edinburgh, EH7 5JH
Dates: 9th May; 8th June; 2nd July
Manchester Cohort 2: threesixty, The Royals, Altrincham Road, Manchester M22 4BJ
Dates: 21st September; 22nd October; 15th November
London Cohort 2:
Dates: 24th September; 29th October; 12th November
Bristol Cohort 2:
Dates: 25th September; 16th October; 6th November
Booking & cost
Standard price for all three workshops: £900 per person, plus VAT
NextGen Premium member price: £750 per person, plus VAT
threesixty member price: £750 per person, plus VAT
Meet the trainer: Adam Owen, learning and development specialist
Adam has worked in the Financial Services Profession for more than 20 years. During this time, he has had advisory roles within direct sales and the IFA sector and provided support to both Directly Authorised firms and Networks.
He is a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute and a CII, PFS and NSAFS accredited trainer.