Our foundation course has already been completed by over 200 delegates and we have enhanced the content for the 2019. We now include iMA profiling, the tool that enables you to quickly ascertain a person’s preferred communication dialect alongside techniques in rapidly building trust and rapport, asking great quality questions and focused listening.
1. Communication skills workshop
The communication skills day looks at how you create personal presence, the foundation of good communication. You will learn how to create meaningful and memorable communications whilst rapidly building trust. We explore the most effective questioning techniques and learn how to use the simple communication tool iMA to understand people’s preferred communication dialects and then adapt your own communication style.
- The importance of standards, values and integrity and how to resolve ethical dilemmas
- Creating a communication focused mind set
- Building trust
- Effective questioning and listening techniques
- Creating meaningful and memorable communications
- Using rapport to take your communication to a higher level
2. Client acquisition skills workshop
At the beginning of this workshop you will establish your personal value proposition and have a clear picture of your ideal client. You will then work through a series of exercises to create a clear personal branding message. By the end of the day, you will have built a full client acquisition strategy.
- Understanding and communicating your personal value proposition
- Mapping your stakeholders and targeting the right clients
- Creating a message that your target will find compelling
- Contacting your target clients
- Working with other professionals
- Creating your client acquisition strategy
3. Client meeting workshop
The final day focuses on how to run effective client meetings. Here you will learn to blend the techniques learned in module 1 with new skills to run compelling initial client meetings. We deal with the three primary fears that all financial planners have when seeing clients in the early stages of their career along with elements of behavioural science that have the most impact on client decisions.
- The anatomy of a first meeting
- Creating rapport, establishing the agenda, introducing your value proposition
- Behavioural Science: Understanding the dangers of behavioural bias
- Questioning techniques that will establishing the client’s real objectives
- Creating solutions collaboratively
- Understanding the client’s fears and recognising when they are real
- Gaining commitment and establishing the next steps
Dates & venues
All workshops begin at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and finish around 4.00pm. Lunch is provided.
Manchester Cohort 1: Venue to be confirmed
Dates: 4th March; 1st April; 13th May
NorthEast Cohort: Venue to be confirmed
Dates: 11th March; 8th April; 20th May
Manchester Cohort 2: Venue to be confirmed
Dates: 16th September; 14th October; 11th November
London Cohort 2: Venue to be confirmed
Dates: 17th September; 21st October; 5th November
Edinburgh: Venue to be confirmed
Dates: 23rd September; 22nd October; 18th November
To find out more about this and our other skills courses take a look at our brochure.
Booking & cost
Standard price for all three workshops: £1020 per person, plus VAT
NextGen Premium member price: £820 per person, plus VAT
Network/Support Service discount price: £820 per person, plus VAT